Isn’t fall the greatest season of all? It’s still warm enough to do activities outside, but cool enough to sip hot chocolate and snuggle up by the fire! Oh man, I just LOVE this time of year.
It always seems to bring families together as well. So I’ve rounded up some of my favorite family traditions we do when the weather starts to cool down. And some I’d love to start and make a tradition! Enjoy!
20 Fun Family Fall Activities
1.Grab some take out or pack a lunch, and take your kids to the park. It’s perfect park weather right now.
2. Rake up a bunch of leaves and jump in them! Easy and FREE!
4. Take a nature walk. Play I-spy and point out the changing colors.
5. Roast S’mores! My kids all love this. Nothing like the smell of a campfire.
6. Visit a pumpkin patch.
7. Go on a hayride! So many memories of this! I still remember how fun it was when I was a kid.
8. Go to 7/11 and get hot chocolate and drive around and look at people’s Halloween decorations.
9. Drive up the Mountains and see all the changing leaves and colors.
10. Carve pumpkins! They also have different ways of decorating pumpkins without carving. Love these ideas.
11. Make candy apples! A little messy but the kids love decorating them in all the sprinkles they can get on there!
12. Create a Thankful Tree List and put it on your fridge. Everyone in your family can add to it all season long.
13. Bake Pumpkin anything!! Bread, seeds, pie, cookies, etc. Take them to a friend or neighbor and tell them how Thankful you are for them!
14. Hunt for pinecones. My older kids love to see how many they can find!
15. Visit an orchard and pick apples!
16. Attend a football game. Nothing says fall like some football! Cheer on your local high school.
17. Watch scary movies. Some of my favorites are Hocus Pocus, The Witches, Casper, Halloween Town, Double Double Toil and Trouble, The Nightmare Before Christmas, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and Escape to Witch Mountain.
18. Write Thank You notes to people you are thankful for. Nothing like getting an unexpected letter in the mail.
19. Make caramel corn for your scary movie you will be watching! (see #17)
20. Visit a fair or a fall festival! Support your community.
What are some of your family traditions? I’d love to hear!
Need Halloween costume ideas? Click HERE to find our favorite DIY costumes!
(Piper was so happy about taking a picture)